Selective Functional Movement Assessment (SFMA) certified
- the medical off shoot of the FMS used when pain is present entry level starting point for acute or chronically injured athletes/non-athletes. Allows me the ability to differentiate between movement/fitness intervention, or medical intervention (I.e. massage, physical therapy, chiropractic, orthopedic, medical doctor, etc)
Healing Hands School of Holistic Health
- deep tissue (ROLFING)
- Swedish massage
- Anatomy and Physiology
- schooling finished in 2016, completed state license testing May 2018
Licensed Massage Therapist in the state of California
- B.S. Kinesiology, Massage Therapist, Personal Trainer, Nutritionist
- B.S. Kinesiolog, Emphasis in biomechanics, anatomy and physiology
Cal State University Fullerton
Year 1: Understanding “Space and Flow”
- maintain space of the body and fluids and you’ll be healthy
- Joint, Capsule, Ligament, Bursa
- 3D mapping of the body
- Bony landmarks and feeling differences
Year 2: “Normalize the chains of fascia”
- Physiology, histology, pathophysiology
- Directions and layers of fascia
- Aponeurosis superficial and deep connections, specific treatment of specific structures
- Connie 3D mapping of the body and beginning framework of knowing joint by joint fascia links and fluid movement
- Palpation of PRM with light touch
Year 3: Tensegrity and Biomechanics and TTLS
- Biomechanics changes when you look at it through this lens
- Fascia anatomy and differentiating quadrant of richet boundaries of the posterior sacroiliac ligaments and SGHL from the MGHL
Year 4: PRM and Skull Biomechanics
- PRM and skull biomechanics in it’s relationship to ventricles
- diaphragms and 3 chains of the body from cranial to pelvic
- 3D mapping with the floors and the ceiling
- Palpating precision treating all connection
- More on Dr Guy Voyer
Soma Therapy (in process) Dr Guy Voyer, Doctor of Osteopathy
Roy is certified through the Titleist Performance Institute (TPI) for all 3 golf fitness instructor levels, which is the highest designation available through TPI.
Since the late 1990’s, the game of golf has seen a seismic shift in how player’s at the highest level prepare and maintain their bodies for competition. Player’s are more powerful, more athletic and better equipped at an earlier age to perform at the highest levels while older players are extending their careers at incredibly high performance levels.
The game has reached a point where its participants do not need convincing that better fitness, biomechanics and health will improve their chances of playing their best. Today’s golfers need to be convinced that their instructors are up to date with the latest information on the sport.
Golfers want to trust their coach, instructor or practitioner. TPI Certification gives golfers that trust!
TPI level 1 Body-Swing analysis testing
- Physical testing mobility- stability
- Technology testing
- Boditrak pressure mat for assessing foot pressure
- K-Vest 3D biomechanics testing of the body
- Trackman doppler radar testing for ball flight
TPI level 2 speed, strength and power testing
- Physical testing for global speed, strength, power
- Physical testing for local speed, strength, power
TPI level 3 ability to work with:
- Female athletes needs dealing with hormonal issues and training around their cycle
- Ability to work with the Male/Female Tour Professional golfer
K-MOTION – Vest
- A piece of technology that allows me to look at the biomechanics of the torso, pelvis, arms, wrists in 3D.
- Primarily specialized for golf, but is a nice teaching tool that provide visual plus auditory feedback.
- More on K-MOTION
- BT is a technology based pressure mat system that allows me to read how a persons feet interact with the floor during activities like walking, squatting, golf, etc.
this is a specialized bio mechanic tool Which is not utilized by many people
- More on BodiTrak
Precision Nutrition Level 1 Certification
- The Precision Nutrition Level 1 Certification is the world’s most respected nutrition education program. It gives you the knowledge, systems, and tools to really understand how food influences a person’s health and fitness. Plus the ability to turn that knowledge into a thriving coaching practice.
- Developed over 15 years, and proven with over 100,000 clients and patients, the Precision Nutrition curriculum stands alone as the authority on the science of nutrition and the art of coaching.
Training Quality of Motion, Warm-ups, & Co-managing Fitness: Roy Khoury. Roy is a good friend and colleague of mine who I have had on the show before, way back before I really committed keeping the show going.
Roy has an extremely logical way of thinking of training for function, not just aesthetics.
In this session, Roy shares what’s built within a fitness program/ workout other than just getting a 6 pack. He says he programs this way because he mainly works with golfers who have the goal to play better, hit harder and prevent injury.
We also go into the concept of co-managing clients with doctors and skills coaches, which we both can credit TPI (Titleist Performance Institute) for teaching us. Stay till the very end and he gives us some life hacks on fitness.
Roy was a guest at http://www.P2SportsCare.com. for this production
This is a short video discussing different body types, and how the different body type shapes might influence how Roy would train their abs.