Roy is certified through the Titleist Performance Institute (TPI) for all 3 golf fitness instructor levels, which is the highest designation available through TPI.
Since the late 1990’s, the game of golf has seen a seismic shift in how player’s at the highest level prepare and maintain their bodies for competition. Player’s are more powerful, more athletic and better equipped at an earlier age to perform at the highest levels while older players are extending their careers at incredibly high performance levels.
The game has reached a point where its participants do not need convincing that better fitness, biomechanics and health will improve their chances of playing their best. Today’s golfers need to be convinced that their instructors are up to date with the latest information on the sport.
Golfers want to trust their coach, instructor or practitioner. TPI Certification gives golfers that trust!
TPI level 1 Body-Swing analysis testing
- Physical testing mobility- stability
- Technology testing
- Boditrak pressure mat for assessing foot pressure
- K-Vest 3D biomechanics testing of the body
- Trackman doppler radar testing for ball flight
TPI level 2 speed, strength and power testing
- Physical testing for global speed, strength, power
- Physical testing for local speed, strength, power
TPI level 3 ability to work with:
- Female athletes needs dealing with hormonal issues and training around their cycle
- Ability to work with the Male/Female Tour Professional golfer